The Pirates were escorted from Wick in 2010, the Cowboys and Indians driven to pastures anew in 2011 and now we reveal the theme for the 2012 Wick fete as being:-
ALL OUR YESTERDAYS
The fete committee have chosen to commemorate OUR YESTERDAYS - relating to the years of our lifetime rather than going back too far in history. So we are focusing upon the 40's onwards (for those of a certain age even the 20's and 30's) and hope to replicate some of the yesteryear events, music and fashions. So it is time to look at the back of your wardrobe and see what clothes you can still fit into and if not a little imagination and improvisation may be needed. How about:-
- A Demob look alike suit
- Old school/university outfit
- Your Teddy Boy or Teddy Girl Sunday best
- Flared or drainpipe trousers
- Mini skirt (not too short please and not too long either!!)
- War year outfits - uniforms or civvies
- Flower power and our rebellious years' clothes
- Ena Sharples headscarf (and other appropriate clothing!)
- Headgear of the 40s, 50s, 60s,......
- Rock n Roll or our Pop idol's costume (Elvis look alikes are barred!)
- Style icons of the decade - Twiggy, Mary Quant, Barbie
- Your wedding day
- Films/Theatre and Actors in recent decades
- Bring your motorscooter and dress as Mods and Rockers
- Come as you are and we can try to guess which decade you are representing!
For the younger fete goers, we hope you will also dress up and take some ideas from
the above suggestions or take a look at the internet for some inspiration. How would
someone your age dress 20, 30 or 40 years ago?
Classic cars and classical music (no not that sort! - more rock n roll than Beethoven)
will add to the atmosphere as Wick remembers the Yesteryears.
Copyright©Wick Fete 2012 Designed by Brian Gale